+ Register to Reply

Thread: Was The SNES Nintendo's Most Popular System? - NES / SNES Chat (View Game Forum)

Blog Entries

Was The SNES Nintendo's Most Popular System?

One of the most memorable video game systems from my childhood is the SNES. I can safely say that I spent most of my time with that system when compared to the periods that owned the other systems. I have a lot of games on the SNES console that I love and still play to this day. In fact, when I think about it there are many other people who feel the same way that I do about the SNES. In that small window of time between the NES and Nintendo 64, the SNES reigned supreme. I dare even make the claim that the SNES was more popular than the NES and Nintendo 64.

Let's consider the impressive library of video games that the SNES has. Games such as Super Mario World, Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy III changed the way that many people view video games. Some of the games from that system are still highly regarded by gamers everywhere as well. When I think back to a system that has had a wide amount of popularity that has stood the test of time it'd be the SNES closely followed by the Playstation 2.

Do you believe that the SNES was Nintendo's most popular system?

Yes same the Snes might probably just be the most popular video game system. Well in our time at least. This is the era of Playstation now Nintendo now has a lot of catching up to do.

yeah. the snes was the most dominant console of nintendo. nowadays the play catch up to sony and microsoft.

Depends on how you measure it - NES sold more and was more dominant in its time

+ Register to Reply