+ Register to Reply

Thread: How to create iOS games/apps on Windows platform? - Game Developers Corner (View Game Forum)

How to create iOS games/apps on Windows platform?

I think this is the most hottest questions. Many Windows users like me are still not that willing to switch to the Mac OS in order to create and build the iOS games / apps.
    I really wish there are alternatives. Though coming across a number of sites saying that Windows users could install some Mac OS simulators (like through VM Ware), i think those processes sound really complicated and involve too much procedures...

Anyone has a solution for this?
    Last edited by warriorknight; 11-09-2012 at 02:48 AM.

I've also looked around and as you said, some people suggest that install Mac OS simulator on windows in order to run Apple apps.

If you have a success game or good game developed on Android, then buying a Mac would be the perfect choice for professional game developers (since installing Mac OS simulator on windows will have many Mac OS stuffs and library installed which might take up lots of resources and spaces).

install Mac OS simulator on windows in order to run Apple apps.

If you have a success game or good game developed on Android, then buying a Mac would be the perfect choice for professional game developers .since installing Mac OS simulator on windows will have many Mac OS stuffs and library installed which might take up lots of resources and spaces

Regards,
    Mad Bunny
    Board Moderator

Note : Thread Merged Due to Double Posting !

I've used DragonFireSDK, but it has seemed to died down a little. I would do what others have suggested, running Mac OS in a simulator -- it really is simple and easy. Just search for a youtube video on how to do it.

DragonFire has great documentation and is in C++, but you do have to pay to use it. If you want to learn Objective-C, running a VM (or even hackintosh) would be your best option.

Looks like, in new VS 2015 will be include Xamarine. Android will be available, i dont know about iOS.

See Vs 2015 preview for more information

easy to use. The Windows Phone development program provides valuable documentation on the best practices for marketing your app. Plus, you don't have to worry about your app or game idea getting rejected after you've spent time creating it. Windows provides clear documentation on what will fly and what won't with its approval process.
    Last edited by kaufen; 06-07-2016 at 11:48 AM.

+ Register to Reply