+ Register to Reply

Thread: Android or iOS Apps/Games Marketing Strategies - Game Developers Corner (View Game Forum)

Android or iOS Apps/Games Marketing Strategies

Undoubtedly, the playing intuition and the fun level would determine how popular your games are. However, to make your games more visible in the competitive markets, a proper set of marketing strategies are indispensable.

I wasn't too keen on this when i developed my apps. However, recently there were random guys spamming my emails about the 'marketing strategies plan'

Guess what, that guy is charging simply EVERY SINGLE service that was claimed to enable my app appeared as one of the top games in the list.

I didn't suspect the 'usefulness' of the strategies, such as: adword usage, games description, advertising on forums, forwarding to abundant emails to create awareness, etc. Lots more.
    But every single service is charged exorbitantly, starting from USD$50 to $1000++. And you can increase the scale if adding more budget. (sending to 1000 emails is charged more than 100 emails)

In the end, i would say thanks a lot for his email to remind me on my lack of games marketing. Perhaps i would focus on these before developing my next games.
    Last edited by warriorknight; 11-29-2012 at 09:25 AM.

One of the best way for new app publishers to get some good results is to "borrow" the popularity of trending games. I've noticed many success cases of new publishers who only published a few games but their apps at least got some noticeable results, and those games are mainly:

1. Utilizing the popular gameplay style (i.e. all games mimicking temple run have a great pool of players even though most of them are pretty similar).

2. Optimizing the app title to get free advertising from searches (i.e. 100 doors and 100 rooms are very hot games many people would search for, and the Doors&Rooms app gain the popularity from hot titles and the downloads shoot up tremendously despite only a few days from its release)

Another type of games that can get popular pretty easily are games similar to BigFishGames (hidden object games). Those games are favorite games for most girls and many publishers easily achieve great results from publishing those hidden object games.

Noted. I agree that's an effective strategy.

Noted. I agree that's an effective strategy.

I am keen to add Chartboost to my apps. However, I heard that there Apple may not approve your app if it has Chartboost integrated. Could you throw some light on this based on your experience?
    Last edited by kaufen; 03-11-2016 at 02:45 PM.

+ Register to Reply