+ Register to Reply

Thread: The Xbox One is actually pretty cool - Xbox One Chat (View Game Forum)

The Xbox One is actually pretty cool

So my fiancee got me an Xbox One S as an early birthday present, which we were gonna mostly use as a 4K blu-ray player (it's actually the cheapest 4K blu-ray player on the marked right now), but I'm liking it more than I expected as a gaming machine as well. It needs to be said that I'm an unashamed PC gaming elitist, and have poured a lot of money into my PC. I will say that I still prefer playing on the PC, but I'm having a lot of fun with the few games I've played so far. I though the low framerate would feel unplayable, but for most games it's completely fine. Sunset Overdrive is probably the most fun I've had in a game in a long time, Halo 5 feels surprisingly smooth, and Assassin's Creed Syndicate is perfectly fine. Saints Row 4 is a whole other story. It runs shockingly poorly for what is basically just an up-rezzed 360 game. The framerate is awful and the game doesn't look a whole lot better that the previous gen. Terrible port, I would be mad if it had not been 75% off.

In all, I like my new Xbox One a lot better than my PS4. For starters, the battery life of the DualShock4 is a joke at around 3-4 hours in my experience. Xbox One batteries will last for days. I'm also really excited about collecting achievements again. I used to be totally hooked on it back in the 360 days, and Trophies on PS4 was never the same. I also like the interface better on the One, though I will admit that some menus are easier to navigate on the PS4.
    Last edited by alanwaston; 04-05-2017 at 09:27 AM.

+ Register to Reply