+ Register to Reply

Thread: How Wii U 3rd party support was killed of by the fans - Nintendo Wii Chat (View Game Forum)

How Wii U 3rd party support was killed of by the fans

This is something that bothered me for a while. Nintendo fans basically buy Nintendo games only. They only ever buy 3rd party games, when there is a lack of 1st party. "Why should I bother with Rayman, if I can get Mario?", "Why should I bother with Sonic racing if I can get Mario kart?", etc.
    And then companies like Ubisoft take a lot of effort, money and time to port most of their best-selling games to Wii U like Rayman, Assasin's Creed, Watch Dogs, etc. But Nintendo fans go like "Ubisoft is just making crappy ports so they could prove that they do not sell on the Wii U and stop supporting it." That is like the stupidest conspiracy theory ever. Who the hell would spend millions of dollars just to prove that their games do not sell?
    I played Zombi U, A. Creed 4, Batman Arkham City, etc. and they are great. Maybe they are not as good as the PS3/4/Xbox whatever counterparts, but I'll never know, because I only have a Wii U. Honestly, how many Wii U owners had a PS3 before? I doubt the number is that high.
    Then there are all the comments about wanting the new Mass Effect on Switch, but clearly noone bothered to buy Mass Effect 3 on Wii U.
    If you look at all the "top Wii U games" videos on YT, they barely ever include anything but 1st party.
    Honestly, compared to A. Creed 4, the upcoming Zelda: Bow looks like a tech demo.
    I get the "I do not care about those games" comments. Nintendo fans have a different taste than the Sony crowd, they like different games. But it is annoying that Wii U owners complain about the lack of 3rd party, even though no one buys anything even when they come out.
    I think the same story will happen again with Switch as well. Not because of Nintendo does not try, but because of the fans who do not buy.
    Last edited by alexwaston; 04-03-2017 at 03:18 AM.

+ Register to Reply